Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paczki Day!

[I'm a bit behind on my writeups here...I usually writeup places same or next day, but I've been busy. This is from Mardi Gras, March 8, 2011]

Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Paczki Day around Buffalo means eating and drinking for most. One of the best parts of that is that if you head down to Eileen's Bakery on Center Road in West Seneca you can pick up some paczki's.




While they look much like donuts, they're a bit different. They're a bit heavier and more rich than your traditional jelly donut, these were filled with black raspberry filling. Entering into the PACKED bakery, the wait wasn't long to order. I ordered both varieties available- glazed and powdered sugar, paid my three bucks and headed out.

Getting home, I cleared a bit of counterspace, knowing that I was about to make a total mess. First up was the glazed version which I ate rather quickly (I didn't eat breakfast before class). The powdered sugar paczki was awesome. The powdered sugar was thickly coated on there and basically exploded all over when I bit it- a sign of goodness IMO.

After wolfing down both and cleaning up, I realized that I should have ordered about a half dozen more for the coming days. They're only offered up on Mardi Gras (as far as I know) and when they run out, they're gone for a year. I'll have to make a trip back to Eileen's for a true writeup on the place- they had quite a bit from what I could see (people were EVERYWHERE!)

So next year-get out there and pick some up from Eileen's. It's worth the trip

nom nom nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment